This is a remote, full-time position.
Title: Social Media Assistant
Reports To: Velu Ochoa, Social Media Strategist
About the ERA Coalition & Fund for Women’s Equality
The Fund for Women’s Equality (FFWE), a 501(c)(3), seeks a Social Media Assistant to support this national organization, which works to educate and build a diverse coalition fighting to publish the Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and implement full sex equality under the law. We center the voices of marginalized people and communities — women of color (African American, Asian American/Pacific Islander, Latina, and Native American), gender-nonconforming and transgender women and girls, and nonbinary people — both as a matter of justice and because we trust deeply that these are the leaders who are poised to win.
This is a great opportunity for somebody passionate about equal rights and social media to learn from experts and help elevate marginalized and historically underrepresented voices fighting for equality. The Social Media Assistant will work closely with the Social Media Strategist and the Equal Voice | Equal Future team.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent college graduate who is passionate about social media and communications to join our communications and creative team. The ideal candidate will have some academic knowledge/training in social media and a self-starter, with a passion for learning, and an interest in social issues and gender equality.
You will be responsible for assisting in a wide range of communication campaigns for the Fund for Women’s Equality (FFWE) and our new project, Equal Voice | Equal Future.
- Work closely with the Social Media Strategist and the Communications Director and assist with digital and social communications strategy as well as our Global Girl Global media partnership.
- With the support of the Social Media Strategist and in conjunction with the FFWE Social Media Intern, create 15 videos per week for TikTok which can be repurposed for Reels and YouTube
- Create copy and scripts for videos and graphics for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and YouTube
- Research topics around equality, social justice, and the ERA
- Support the development, creation, and publication (through Hootsuite) of engaging text, images, and video content for the Fund For Women’s Equality social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and TikTok.
- Help update and maintain the FFWE social media calendar, and help manage all social media channels.
Qualifications and requirements
- Have a passion for social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an attention to detail
- Experience with Canva or similar tools
- Knowledge and comfort creating content for TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook, including scheduling platforms and social media trends
- Own a smartphone with camera and video functions
- Comfortable in front of the camera to record short videos for TikTok, Reels, and Shorts (YouTube)
- Video editing skills highly desired
- Must be creative and proactive
- Committed to social justice and equality
- Familiarity with Hootsuite or similar a plus
Benefits: The ERA Coalition/FFWE currently provides paid holidays, vacation, sick, parental leave, monthly contribution for health insurance premiums, and short-term disability and workers compensation insurance.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and a link to portfolio or samples to email@example.com with the subject line “Social Media Assistant”. No phone calls, please.
The ERA Coalition/Fund for Women’s Equality is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to select, place, train and promote the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience so as to provide equal opportunity for all of our employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal law, and without regard to non-work related factors such as sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, economic status, personal appearance including height and weight, family responsibility, matriculation, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all activities, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, promotions and benefits. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.